We're Kicking off 2016 right! Will you?
We thought about it and there’s no way in hell we could start 2016 without doing it right!
It's the first day of a new year and we're going all in... the water that is.
Tomorrow afternoon, at 2:30PM, we're showing the city what this community is all about and taking over English Bay for the 96th Annual Polar Bear Swim!
Yeah, it's going to be cold AF and yeah, you're going to get wet – but when we're all tucked in bed tomorrow night, you'll have done something 99.9% of the city chose not to do.
How's that for starting off 2016 right?
Oh, and in true CS fashion, we'll be repping our Pay Bills and Die tanks in full force – showing what we're all about! If you got one, bring it! If you don’t we got a limited number left and you can get them here.
Sign-up below and we'll see you down there at 1:30PM tomorrow!
PS. even if you have no intention of going in the water, head down and show you're support – this is going to be good!
When: Friday, January 1st, 2016
Time: Meeting at 1:30PM.
Emergency Contact: Julian DeSchutter at 604-307-7816.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- We have no intention of starting the year off small, so we're showing up with numbers!
- If you're going in, it's going to be cold and wet.
- Air temperature should be hovering around 0 degrees.
- There's an actual Polar Bear Swim registration form you have to fill out prior to going in the water. You can fill it out on the spot or print it off ahead of time. It can be found here.
- Even if you have no intention of going in, come down and rep what CS is all about!
WHAT TO BRING:
- Bring a towel and change of warm clothes for after!
- Floaties encouraged.
- Bring a pair of gloves to keep your hands toasty and an extra pair of warm socks.
- Oh and use the hashtag #chasingsunrise and tag @chasingsunrise on Instagram. We love seeing your shots.
Haven't followed us on Instagram yet? Follow us here!
FAQ & OTHER
Do I have to sign-up? Yeah! We require sign-up for a few reason: 1) to get a handle on how many people are coming up, 2) so we can provide updates if necessary, and 3) to make sure that everyone understands the risks and what's involved.
You can sign-up below!
Does it cost anything? Nothing. Sign up and show up ready to kick 2016 off right!
Facebook Event Page: check out our event page here for updates, ideas or if you're looking to organize rides!
Got questions? Shoot us a message here.