Senior Application Engineer
Vancouver, remote is an option
Sr. Application Engineer
Chasing Sunrise is looking for a platform, and language agnostic Senior Application Engineer to build the next version of our framework for 21 Damn Early Days: a multi-faceted framework that helps people around the world wake up at 4:30am and get after becoming the person they have always wanted to be.
Our first run in January, with no marketing, was wildly successful and had people with us in almost every single timezone. We realized two things: it is effective, and it is universal. There is a potential for a significant jump in scale.
Current System: damnearlydays.chasingsunri.se (node.js, Mongo, Twilio + blog for content delivery + FB for community connection)
New System: No tech constraints other than selecting the right technologies to create a scaleable foundation that best enables three things.
- The Individual: It helps someone help themselves
- Learn and remember what people want, watch their progress and help them all along the way if they want it.
- Community: It helps people connect
- Help them help each other across the gradient of interaction depth: make it easy to connect on different levels including sharing personal posts, online chat, and offline/in-person meetings with each other.
- Genuine Communication: It helps us connect with the people
- With people where they are, when they want or need us, outside of any one platform.
We are looking for someone who has deep expertise in modern web languages, and for an engineer that understands that we almost have an obligation to turn peak of technology back towards helping people live fulfilling and much better lives.
We’re a creative team who genuinely enjoys playing together to build things that genuinely help people live and smash life.
Things You Would Do With Us:
- Design, architect, and build a lean version 2 system together with our Dir. of UX and founding team for April 1, 2017.
- Dream up and implement features that support the above 3 requirements.
- Build to scale, while being versatile and adaptable to change.
- Create internal tools that help us improve our development process.
Things We Consider Critical:
- You have and innate curiosity about how things (especially humans) work.
- You’ve been building web applications as a pro for 3+ years, can show us what you've worked on, and explain why what you did mattered for both the application and for the humans using it.
- Have interest or knowledge, or at least a belief in the value of UX and UI design principles>
- You own and can the technical vision and have layman discussions around driving that technical direction forward.
- You write understandable, clean, concise, testable code with an eye towards growth.
- You enjoy helping others learn, mentoring for its own sake, and teaching.
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals and also enjoy trying to find an even better way.
- You understand how to protect us and our users from the inflection points of the webs.
- When things break you eager to find out why, to jump in and fix things, and enjoy looking for a higher level long-term solution where it might apply.
- You are someone that others love working with due to your open-minded technical competence, genuine nature, good vibes and commitment to make awesome things with other people.
- You care about humans more than you do about technology. And you care deeply about technology because of what it can do for people.
- You've taken your degree or equivalent experience and have worked well together with others to keep pushing your own boundaries.
- Experience with progressive web apps, React or Exponent.
- Experience with PHP.
- Interest or expertise in big data, machine learning, natural language processing (NLP), data mining, voice recognition, or other artificial intelligence.
- Experience in or passion for behavioural psychology.
- Experience with top shelf startups or Silicon Valley companies.
Chasing Sunrise is a on a mission to make life better for as many people as possible. We believe in the genuine democratization of high performance and we use social structures, the best technology, and deep understanding of humanity to do it.
We also believe everyone deserves to be a part of a team that is compassionate, fun as hell, hilarious, empathetic, has tough conversations in stride and treats this all like an adventure that our 90 year old self will be proud of. We try our best to live by our values and hire accordingly.