This is not an official Chasing Sunrise event.
This event is being run and managed by BCMC.
It's no doubt we use a lot of trails around here, so we're stoked to be teaming up with the BCMC (BC Mountaineering Club) this weekend – joining Chris Ludwig and his crew to help build up the Watersprite Trailhead and put in a brand new trail to The Prow Lookout.
We're looking for as many of you to get out with us.
It's going to be a long day, but this is the work needed to keep our backyard as good as it can be.
If you're interested, there's a quick sign-up below so we can wrangle all of you and put you in touch with Chris Ludwig from BCMC, who is managing it all.
Chris and the team has outlined the entire trail-building day here, but we've included a brief outline so you know what to expect.
- What: Helping build the new trail to Watersprite Lake with the BCMC.
- When: Sat Aug 19, 2017, 7:00AM
- Where: St. Davids (exact location TBD), the trail head is off the Mamquam FSR just past the Chief.
- Return: Sat Aug 19, 2017, sometime in the evening
- Rides: Access to the meeting point requires a 4-wheel drive vehicle. Let us know if you have one in the sign-up below and we will be doing our best to organize rides.
All work will be done under the guidance of some of the best trail builders in BC. With their help, you will be:
- Installing official aluminum trail signs up the trail.
- Repairing failing gabion on lower Demon Creek Bridge with car jack (KM .6)
- Clearing the S1 spur of new growth (KM 3.2 - 4.1)
- Clearing work at the "Prow" lookout area/trail (KM 4.7) aka building a new trail.
This will be a long day due to the upper party working at the upper reaches of the trail. You can choose the length of your day depending on which zone you choose to volunteer at.
If you are down to join the crew, put some work in and get a little dirty, put your name below.
Work like this helps make sure we keep these places as pristine as possible, while being able to handle an increasing number of people that are showing up. This is the work that keeps these places what they are, for a long, long time.
If you are down for Saturday, put your name down below and we will be putting you in touch with Chris Ludwig.