Fathers – where we would be with out them?
Year after year, they take care of us, provide for us, and teach us so much – rarely asking for anything in return.
This Father's Day – we're returning that love they've given us and showing our fathers just how much their endless support has meant.
On Sunday, June 17th, join us and our friends from Fjällräven, as we trek with our fathers into the backcountry for a morning mountain-top breakfast as a little thank you to celebrate all the times they've shown up for us.
With our fathers, we'll share in the moments and experiences we won't forget and give back to them just a little of what they've given to us.
PS. Don't worry – we've designed the hike not to be strenuous. It's about 20 minutes and minimal elevation gain.
What: A Fjäther's Day outing including a short (and not strenuous) hike and a mountain-top breakfast with our fathers to celebrate them.
When: June 17th, 7AM to 12:30PM, post-event social at FJ Kits from 12:30pm to ~2:30pm.
Where: Meeting at Fjällräven Kitsalano, transportation to and from the mountain will be provided.
Heads up! This event isn't just exclusive to fathers and their kids. Everyone is invited to spend the day with family and friends.
TICKETS & WHAT'S INCLUDED
We are doing tickets to this event by donation, with a suggested minimum donation of $25.
All donations over $50 (per ticket) will receive a $50 gift card to Fjällräven.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE MORNING:
To make this morning something special and to create the space to connect and share, we've taken care of all of the details.
Your ticket includes:
- A morning mountain top breakfast (coffee included) - we'll all be treated to a morning mountain-top breakfast none of us will forget – complete with coffee, good vibes and unreal views.
- A space to connect - we'll be creating a space up top specifically to connect to others around you, including your father.
- A conversation about what fatherhood is - in every form - we'll be creating space to have a conversation about what fatherhood is, in all its forms.
- Transportation from and back to Fjällräven Kitsilano - we'll be covering your transportation from Kits, to the mountain, and back.
- A post-breakfast social at Fjällräven Kitsilano - after breakfast, we'll be heading back to Fjällräven Kitsilano to hang out with our fathers and get a chance to connect over some coffee and brews.
- All per ticket donations over $50 will receive a $50 giftcard to Fjällräven - all guests who donate over $50 per ticket will receive a $50 voucher to be used at the Fjällräven Kits store.
Fjällräven is a brand that believes what we believe.
Hailing from the small town of Örnsköldsvik in Sweden, a place where mountains and forest meet the sea, Fjällräven is a company that’s committed to making nature more accessible. In true Swedish style, they focus on simplicity and practicality, and again and again have shown that they have respect for the environment.
At the core of their mission is the drive to enable and inspire more people to spend time in nature. They want to help you feel secure and at home in the outdoors – and want to be there with you on your most memorable journeys and adventures. They don't chase short-term goals, follow trends, or compromise on quality, but instead develop and create in a thoughtful manner and design for a lifetime of wear.
They embody the belief that our future and the future of this planet are deeply intertwined.
Q: What's your refund policy?
A: 100% refund up to one week before the event (June 10th).
Good human policy – We know that life sometimes acts up and we don't want to take your money unless you're getting value. If you cannot attend, you can always transfer your spot to someone else that you know would take it. We will help try and find someone to take the spot, but cannot guarantee we can find them and you will still be responsible for the ticket.
Q: What happens if it rains?
We aren't the kind of people that shy away from a little bit of weather. This event is happening rain or shine (but it isn't going to rain.)
Q: Where are we meeting?
A: We are meeting at Fjällräven Kitsilano (1976 W 4th Ave) on Sunday, June 17th at 7AM.
Q: Where are we headed?
A: We're keeping the mountain top location a secret until the day of!
Q: How hard is the hike?
A: The hike is approximately 1.5km and takes about 20 minutes.
Q: What will we be eating? What if I have dietary restrictions?
A: We set a high standard when it comes to meal planning and preparation to deliver a breakfast worth remembering. If you have special dietary requirements or allergies, let us know in the intake form and we will make sure to plan accordingly.
Q: What do I need to bring?
A: All the gear you need for a short hike, water, and your fathers/sons/daughters/family.