Our goal is to break the internet in the best possible way. Decentralized social, combined with centralized (high quality) photos and Videos are how do that.
These images and videos will inspire and communicate the message to the rest of the world: the magnitude, the moments, the connection, the beauty.
We will give you credit to you everywhere we post, and hugely appreciate you being willing to help capture this surreal morning. The overarching video, as a collection of all of us, when shared to media will be credit the Chasing Sunrise Community.
I AM A PHOTOGRAPHER / VIDEOGRAPHER
WHAT WE NEED
Your best 10-15 photos incl. a group shot uploaded within 2 hours of sunrise.
SPECIFIC SHOTS WE NEED
Try and make it feel like your city!
THE GROUP SHOT.
Good lighting, good backdrop and should be taken after sunrise.
- One person assigned, another as backup to take the shot
- Making it look as big as possible
- High energy
- Include the Chasing Sunrise banners, if your city has them.
- Have people dressed in CS tanks up front, if possible.
CONTEXTUAL STORY SHOTS – Give us a context of what the event was like - tip to tail.
- Call to adventure / in the dark: shoot everyone congregated together,
- The hike: the stream of headlamps, timelapse of the people in headlamps
- Ascending: the joy as people near the destination
- Peak: connection, sunrise, soaking it in
- Group photo and anthem
PEOPLE PICTURES – This day is all about people. These are shots of people they'd love to share.
- Profile style pictures for people (who will then share and give credit)
- People doing cool shit
- People with the banners
- Candid / Emotional connections and enjoyment of the moments
- Give MEC some love: they came in and made this happen, almost no strings, let’s show them in a really good light. their tattoos, LED light/glow sticks, any logos.
CREATIVE SHOTS – Beautiful fun sh*t you want to shoot
- Play around - timelapses, reflections, cityscapes,
- 5 to 15 of your best photos to be shared back to CS HQ within two hours of event wrapping.
- Upload photos to a Google Drive / Dropbox / Pixieset folder and then send that folder to all of: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO UPLOAD
- Please name your photos according to the following naming convention so that we can keep track of them.
- Firstname-lastname-city-1.jpg, firstname-lastname-city-2.jpg, etc.
- We wil have a Google Drive/Dropbox upload link for you to upload your photos into. We will both send it to you and put it in here.
- If for some reason the upload link does not work, please upload them to Dropbox / Google Drive and email to both email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONTACT AT CS HQ
- PRIMARY: Gordon Swenson: email@example.com / 1-778-772-5426
- BACKUP: Julian DeSchutter: firstname.lastname@example.org / 1-604-307-7816
WHAT WE NEED
We need some clips that capture the essence of they day.
We do not require you to cut any video, as we will be completing a central edit of the coast to coast experience, in Vancouver. We also don't need a tone of shots, just a few key ones done well.
Of course, if you want to make and share a cut afterwards, we'd love that.
SPECIFIC SHOTS WE NEED - we need clips to be shot in 60fps wherever possible.
- Someone assigned to capture a high quality version of the anthem.
- 2+ people (or more) assigned to capture it with iPhones/GoPros.
- This video went viral in 2015 - we're going to cut clips like this together from all cities this year for a raw, unified feel.
ICONIC CITY SHOTS
- Cityscapes, landmarks etc: simple beautiful shots that quickly identify where you are (don’t need many - just one or two solid ones)
CONTEXTUAL PEOPLE SHOTS
- Some closeup shots of genuine connection – people laughing, smiling, drinking coffee, watching sunrise.
- Pulled out shots of genuine connection in the space, your city
- If you got it or can get it!
TIMELINE & URGENCY
ALL CITIES EXCEPT CALGARY, VICTORIA, VANCOUVER
We need your best clips uploaded within 1.5 hours of sunrise. That means ~6:30AM your time.
IF YOU ARE IN CALGARY, VICTORIA, VANCOUVER
We need your best clips uploaded within 1 hours of sunrise. That means ~6:15AM your time.
We will be compiling the clips into a centralized video we will release that morning.
TERMS & CONFIRMATION FORM
ASSET USAGE TERMS
We don't believe in hiding behind BS legal jargon when it comes to terms. We put things plain and simple.
For those who will be quick to point out the legal holes or missing protections in our terms, we believe that there are many ways to do business and that reputations precede people.
If we screw over creatives, other people find out, and our trust and credibility goes out the window.
We work with creatives we trust and extend that trust back to them. To us, it's the only way to do business.
With that said, there's our terms for the shots you take:
- You'll help be a part of capturing this event, following the outline laid out above.
- You'll stick to the timelines and scope we set out, knowing that we are running tight deadlines the morning of (media is waiting on this!)
- You'll let Chasing Sunrise use the photos in all of our post-Canada Day posts/media/blog posts with photo/video credit.
- Chasing Sunrise can use your photos throughout our website and for the future promotion of events.
- We will give photo/video credit if we ever use your photo.
- You ultimately retain ownership of your photos and are free to do what you want with them.
- If another company wants to license your photos for commercial use, we will put you in touch and help to try and sell your work to them.